I hope you already familiar with bounce rate, if not read below some definition about bounce rate and why you need to reduce bounce rate.
Concerning bounce rate there are plenty of standard unique way present reduce but results might not helpful as you think read below carefully to achieve reduced bounce rate.
As per Wiki quotes – Bounce rate is a percentage of visitors who visit your site bouncing (leaving your site) without visiting other internal pages, this metric crafted to analysis of web traffic and conversional goals.
As per google analytics , bounce rate is a percentage of single page session created on your site or percentage of users who visited only single page of your site.
This metric used to analyse performance of a web page whether user gets interacted other pages of a site or not. Sometimes webmasters confused with SEO behind bounce rate. Google does not taking bounce rate to rank your website instead they take impression and CTR from your site displaying in SERP. Also, google validate sites bounce rate one of the factors, but not major factor since every niche has separate dimension of bouncing.
Say for example : Your landing page has conversion funnel with end up transaction then this page will have higher bounce rate. That may ends up to 90%.
Also, believe spiders can’t say this page is too bad since it has large bounce rate, google ranking factor based upon these 200 ranking factors. In addition, google specified users can adjust bounce rate as their need by a modifying script.
There are known ways to decrease bounce rate, just have a look below infographic shared by Neil from Quicksprout.com.
- Google analytics waits until second session trigger from web page user viewing unless they visit other page user considered as bounce.
- As above google analytics code calculates user who left the site within 5 seconds considered as bounce rate. In this way for instant you can reduce bounce rate 60% – 30%.
- Above concern of shared infographic you can do modifications on your site as listed below ideas.
- Use above code instead of your present GA code paste it before </head> or below </head> or </body>.
- Use bold fonts in headings and use proper spaces in your web pages
- Configure CDN to load your website load fast. You can prefer cloudflare free services, that’s enough if you are running small business site or blog.
- Use unique theme for your website, and use related post widget, also use creative headings that makes others attractive to read.